All library locations will be closed on Monday, May 25th, for Memorial Day. On Tuesday, May 26th, all library locations will be closed except for the Main Library, African American Museum and Library at Oakland, and the Brookfield and Eastmont Branches.
Read to Your Baby!
It is never too early to start reading with your baby; she will associate the security and pleasure of your lap with reading and will want to learn to read when she is older.
- Read with your baby every day.
- Try board books. Board books are books with hard pages your baby can throw, bite, and hit.
- You don’t need to read the words at all. Just point to the pictures and talk about them.
- Have him flip the pages. Let him play with the book.
- Comment as you read. Connect what you read to what's happening in her life.
- Keep their board books in the same place as toys.
- Let your child see you reading for yourself and enjoying it.
- Come to the library often! Find new books and come to storytime.