Our children's Summer Reading Challenge runs from June 14 through August 9. There are some changes this year. We have changed both the rules and the prizes. We are counting days read instead of hours. And we are awarding coupons at ten days and a badge (see right), a book, and raffle entry at twenty days.
How to Play
- Sign up online (starting on June 14th), or come to your neighborhood library.
- Choose whatever you want to read, and start reading.
- Track your progress online and add optional book reviews to share with friends. For every day you read or are read to, add an online sticker or put one in your reading log.
- Pick up your coupon prize packet after 10 days of reading.
- Choose your free book and get a badge and a raffle ticket when you complete the 20-day reading challenge.
- Get an extra raffle ticket for reading 30 days, 40 days and 50 days.
Branches will have raffle drawings throughout the summer, and on August 11 we will have the grand prize raffle drawings - a yearlong family membership in Children's Fairyland for children 0-4 and an iPad for children 5-14.