OverDrive is OPL's largest collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks. Here are some tips to get you started. Please ask any librarian for help!
- Do you know that you can limit your search to ONLY find available titles and in titles in particular formats that work best with your device? Click on the "Advanced Search" option in the upper right side of OPL's ePort page to use various drop-downs and check boxes to limit your results. You might need to scroll down a bit to get to all the various options - especially if you're using a phone.
- With eAudiobooks in particular, it's tricky if you're using a computer to get titles on your iPod or other iDevice. If you use a Mac, you can download and transfer only MP3 format titles but if you use a PC, you can download and transfer both MP3 and WMA format titles. Either way, you'll need to download the free software, OverDrive Media Console, to get started.
- If you're just browsing and the little book or headphone icon on the corner of a book title is black, that means the title is available. If it's grey, then you will need to wait for the title - be sure to put yourself on the wait list to get notified that it's ready for you.
- Did you know that titles in various languages are also available - specifically, English, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian?
- Need help for a particular device? Start with OverDrive's help pages.