The library will be closed on Friday, February 12th, for Lincoln's Birthday. All locations will be closed on Monday, February 15th for President's Day. All locations except Main, Brookfield and Eastmont will be closed on Tuesday, February 16th, for President's Day. Thank you.
It’s that time of year again…
This is the season for end-of-the-year book lists, where book reviewers highlight the “best” books of the year. These lists are usually dominated by literary fiction and serious nonfiction, but they can also venture beyond that to include popular titles, Young Adult books and graphic novels. Sometimes snarky rebuttals to these best-of lists follow, such as Slate Magazine’s Overlooked Books of 2012.
I use these lists as a good reminder of some of the books I’ve meant to read over the last 12 months but haven’t found the time. I’m hoping to tackle a couple over the last couple of weeks of the year.
What are your favorite books of 2012?
- The New York Times 10 Best Books of 2012
- The New York Times 100 Notable Books of 2012
- Publishers Weekly Top 10 Books of 2012
- Kirkus Reviews Best Fiction of 2012
- Kirkus Reviews Best Nonfiction of 2012
- Library Journal Best Books of the Year 2012
- Slate Magazine’s Overlooked Books of 2012
- Flavorwire's 25 Notable Books Unfairly Overlooked by ‘The New York Times’
- The Economist’s Best Books of 2012
- NPR’s Best Books Of 2012: The Complete List
- Entertainment Weekly’s Best Fiction of 2012
- Entertainment Weekly’s Best Nonfiction of 2012
- Time Magazine’s Top Ten Fiction of 2012
- Time Magazine’s Top Ten Nonfiction of 2012
- Esquire’s Best Books of 2012
- The Huffingon Post’s Best Books of 2012
Posted on 12/15/2012 by Christy Thomas, Librarian, Main Library