All Library locations will be closed on November 26 and 27 for the Thanksgiving Holidays.
Reference Books, Newspapers, and Magazines
- Biography In Context: Articles and pictures from encyclopedias and magazines on more than 185,000 people from throughout history. Search for people by birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation and gender.
- CultureGrams is the leading primary source reference for concise, reliable, and up-to-date cultural information on the countries of the world. It goes beyond mere facts and figures to deliver an insider's perspective on daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and lifestyles of the world's people. To access this database from inside the library, use this link.
- Kids InfoBits: Best for elementary school students. Search for articles from magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more.
- Social Studies Fact Cards: Information for students in grades 4 through 8, including California missions and ranchos, states and presidents of the United States, countries, early civilizations, and Native American tribes.
- Student Resource Center: Best for middle school and up. Search magazine articles, photographs and illustrations, and audio and video clips for primary documents, biographies, essays, background information, and critical analyses.
- World Book Online: Offers a collection of research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, current periodicals, and related websites. It also features World Book Online for Kids, World Book Online for Students, Discover, which offers engaging reference resources for students reading below grade level, and the Spanish language encyclopedia Estudiantil. World Book Online is dynamically complemented with pictures, audio, and video.