The Oakland Public Library is offering free classes to help people involved in a job search. Job On! Secrets to Job Search Success is a program designed by Nancy Rhoda to provide instruction to job seekers as they enter the complicated and sometimes confusing job market. Four courses, starting January 18 and continuing into early February, will be offered at the Main Library, 125 14th Street, and the West Oakland Branch Library, 1801 Adeline Street.
Job On! How to Prepare to Get the Job You Want: The first course will cover preparation steps such as self-assessment, clarifying goals, developing a plan.
Job On! The Nitty Gritty of Job Searching: The second and third courses will cover job searching strategies such as networking, discovering opportunities, online searches, and resumes.
Job On! How to Rock Your Interview: The fourth course will focus on the all-important interview, with a discussion of how to approach different types of questions, how to project the right attitude, and appropriate follow-up.
The class schedule for each location is as follows:
Main Library, 125 14th Street
- Class #1: Wednesday, January 18, 10am-12:30pm
- Class #2: Thursday, January 26, 10am-12:30pm
- Class #3: Thursday, February 2, 10am-12:30pm
- Class #4: Thursday, February 9, 10am-12:30pm
West Oakland Branch Library, 1801 Adeline Street
- Class #1: Thursday, January 19, 10am-12:30pm
- Class #2: Wednesday, January 25, 10am-12:30pm
- Class #3: Wednesday, February 1, 10am-12:30pm
- Class #4: Wednesday, February 8, 10am-12:30pm
Instructor Nancy Rhoda is a teacher, small business owner, and librarian. She brings experience from over 35 years working in careers she loves. She wants to help others find happiness and success in their work life.