Help develop and prioritize the job criteria for the next Library Director. Please visit this link to access the survey and provide your input by the close of business on June 22, 2018. Your thoughts and responses will help develop and prioritize the job criteria for our next Library Director, as well as assist in identifying appropriate candidates as the search is being conducted.
E-Government Literacy at the Library
E-government (or electronic government) is the use of technology, mainly the Internet, as a means to deliver federal, state, and local government services to citizens, businesses, and other entities. While much of the Oakland Public Library’s government documents collection is in print form, increasingly the government has ceased printing documents, releasing them instead in electronic format. You may access these documents directly through the library’s computer catalog by clicking on the link provided. You may also access government websites and many government documents via the internet.
Librarians can help you access e-government information in the following ways:
- Helping you to find information about government programs and services, jobs, education, health, tax information, and other government transactions.
- Helping you to locate specific websites with applications and forms you may need.
- Setting up free e-mail accounts you may need for transactions.
- Printing copies of your transactions.
Librarians cannot help you to fill out applications and forms or determine which forms you need. If you have a form number we will assist you in locating and downloading the form.
You are welcome to use Oakland Public Library’s computers for the many e-government resources available.
- Business & Jobs
- Census & Statistics
- Citizenship & Immigration
- Codes, Laws & Legal Help
- Consumer Protection
- Frequently Requested Forms
- Frequently Requested Primary Documents
- Government Transparency
- Health & Nutrition
- Housing & Landlord/Tenants’ Rights
- Portals for Searching
- Taxes/I Can E-File
- Travel & Recreation
- Veterans Resources
The Oakland Public Library is a Federal Depository Library.