Affordable Care Act / Covered California
Affordable Care Act (ACA)'s next round of open enrollment starts November 1, 2015 and ends January 31, 2016. The first date 2016 enrollment can start is January 1, 2016.
- California’s site: www.coveredca.com – information in English, Spanish, and eleven other languages.
- Alameda County’s site: http://achealthcare.org/
- Phone: You can call 211 for more information.
- Federal information: https://healthcare.gov – information for individuals and small businesses.
Other Useful Websites
- MedlinePlus, at http://medlineplus.gov, also has multilingual information.
- Consumer Reports Health Insurance Product Ratings at http://consumerreports.org/healthinsurance compares various options and includes useful resources.
Need more help?
- Contact the Reference Desk at the Oakland Public Library, Main Library, at 510-238-3138.
- For advice on legal matters involving health access, call the Alameda County Legal Advice Line from Bay Area Legal Aid: Schedule: Mondays and Thursdays 9:30am-3:00pm; Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:30am to 1:00pm, at (510) 250-5270.
- Call the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency Health Insurance Technician Unit at 1-800-422-9495 to set up an enrollment appointment.