Library Card Design Contest
Entries accepted through February 17th!
Rules and How to Enter:
- Download an entry packet (below) or pick one up at any Oakland Public Library location.
- Create a drawing or design around either or both of the following themes: Oakland and Libraries
- Each submission must be the creative and original work of a single individual (no copies of cartoons or artwork created by other people).
- Any medium, including computer generated art, is acceptable as long as it is your original art (no clip art).
- The Oakland Public Library reserves the right to reproduce your work.
- Make sure you complete the entire entry packet (two pages: Release Form and Entry Form and Design Template) in order to be eligible to win. Do not print these double-sided. Each form needs to be on a separate sheet of paper with nothing on the back.
- Entries must be submitted to any Oakland Public Library location or emailed to email@example.com by Friday, February 17th at 5:30 pm. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Oakland Public Library employees are not eligible to participate.
All entries determined to be eligible will be posted on Facebook for online voting. There will be one winner in each age category (children, teen, and adult) based on Facebook votes. They will also be sent to our panel of esteemed judges. The judges will vote to select a winner in each age category (children, teen, and adult). In the event that the Facebook favorite is also the judges’ favorite, a runner up will be selected. Voting will take place between March 1st and March 14th.
Entry Packet (must return both pages to be eligible to win):
Panel of Judges:
- Asian Branch Library Teen Advisory Board
- Mac Barnett, Author of Books for Children
- Roberto Bedoya, City of Oakland Cultural Affairs Manager
- Nichole Brown, Oakland Public Library Staff
- César E. Chávez Branch Library Teen Advisory Board
- Gemma Correll, Cartoonist/Writer/Illustrator
- Maureen Elia, Oakland Public Library Staff
- Elrod, Artist
- Gerry Garzón, Oakland Public Library Director of Library Services
- Joyce Gordon, Gallery Owner
- Brian Guenther, Oakland Public Library Staff
- Illuminaries, Street Art Muralists/Graphic Artists
- Dave Young Kim, Painter/Muralist/Community Activist
- Andrew Kong Knight, Artist
- Janine Macbeth, Author/Illustrator/Publisher
- Ajuan Mance, Artist
- Roxanne Padgett, Executive Director at MOCHA
- Todd Parr, Author/Illustrator of Books for Children
- Jeff Perlstein, SoleSpace Owner
- Mary Roach, Author
- Libby Schaaf, Mayor of the City of Oakland
- Shannon Taylor, Director of Art and Restoration at Children's Fairyland / Professor of Illustration at California College of the Arts
- Robert Trujillo, Author/Illustrator
- Adam Twain, Oakland Public Library Staff/Musician
- Kevin Woodson, Artist