All library locations will be closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29.
Teen Summer Passport
Sign up for 2019 Summer Reading starting May 24!
Click here for the entire summer calendar!
If you're between the ages of 12-18, visit your neighborhood branch of the Oakland Public Library or sign up online. You'll receive a free TeenZone notebook and Oakland A's tickets for registering!
Explore Your Library and Community
Did you know that you could get into museums for free most days? Pick up a Bay Area Hot Spots flyer and explore! You can receive stamps (in the form of points) on your virtual passport for visiting museums, skate parks, attending library programs, volunteering for the library, writing reviews, and so much more! Earn virtual and physical badges for all that you do this summer!
Here's How to Play
- For every 3 PASSPORT STAMPS (points) you collect, you'll receive a chance to enter into the raffle drawing. The more stamps you receive, the greater your chance to win one of our grand prizes of an season passes to Great America, Six Flags, an iPad Mini,or even a Nintendo Switch! Collecting at least 3 PASSPORT STAMPS also automatically enters you into raffles for gift cards and event tickets.
- When you’ve collected 9 PASSPORT STAMPS you'll receive a free TeenZone backpack. Head to any local library to pick up this prize.
- When you’ve collected 18 PASSPORT STAMPS you'll receive your choice of either a pair of ear buds or a flash drive, also available for pick up at your local library.
Don't Forget About these Fun Events!
- CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR LIBRARY PROGRAMS FOR TEENS HERE. If you like to game or craft, we have something for you this summer.
- END OF SUMMER PARTY – 81st Avenue Branch on August 10th. Details to come.
- TEEN PICK OF THE SUMMER! The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (The MADE)
Receive a special virtual badge for checking this museum out. The Teen Pick for the summer was selected by the teens at the Main Library TeenZone!
If you'd like more information about our Teen Summer Passport program, please call 510-238-7332.