Attention - Beginning December 1st, Oakland Public Library will no longer mail hold pickup/cancellation notices. In order to receive information about your holds, please make sure we have your current email or phone number. This change is more environmentally friendly and will reduce mailing costs. Thank you for your cooperation.
Discover & Go: Visit Museums & More for Free
Use your OPL card to get free or discounted passes to museums throughout the Bay Area with Discover & Go.
- Visit our Discover & Go site at discover.oaklandlibrary.org.
- Enter your library card number, without the spaces, and your PIN.
- Click on the date you wish to go to a museum or attraction on the calendar on the left side of the page.
- Scroll through the available attractions.
- When you find your choice, click on "Reserve Pass."
- Print your pass.
You're all set to go!
Some Important Things to Know
- A patron must be 14 years or older to use this program.
- The user can have only two open reservations at one time.
- The availability of passes varies from day to day. If a museum is unavailable on the day you originally chose, try another date.
- Once a pass has been viewed or printed, the reservation cannot be cancelled.
- The person making the reservation must be physically present and in possession of the printed pass and a photo ID when entering the museum or attraction.