All library locations will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, December 24th and 25th for Christmas. All library locations will be open on Tuesday, December 31st from 10:00am - 5:30pm and will be closed on Wednesday, January 1st for New Year's Day.
Meeting Room Fee Schedule
Meeting room fees vary according to the organization booking the room.
Fees are not refundable for cancellations made later than 2 weeks before the scheduled meeting date.
Group 1: Exempt from fees
- A nonprofit under IRS Code 501(c)(3) and open membership group that is co-sponsored by the Library Department.
- Any City of Oakland Department or governmental agency directly serving residents of Oakland, i.e., Alameda County, California, or US government agencies.
- A non-profit community group from the immediate neighborhood of the facility, whose purpose is the betterment of the community, such as Concerned Citizens of Brookfield Village or a Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council.
- An Oakland Unified School District school-affiliated parent or youth group such as the PTA.
Group 2: $15.00 per hour
- An organized club or special interest group that has been granted IRS Code 501(c)(3, 4 or 6) non-profit status with open membership, such as the League of Women Voters, private schools or colleges. The group must have a formal organization with officers.
Group 3: $30.00 per hour
- Other public or private civic, cultural, educational, charitable or political groups not previously mentioned.