Attention - Beginning December 1st, Oakland Public Library will no longer mail hold pickup/cancellation notices. In order to receive information about your holds, please make sure we have your current email or phone number. This change is more environmentally friendly and will reduce mailing costs. Thank you for your cooperation.
Fines and Fees
Please return library materials on time. You will be charged the current replacement cost for each item not returned. If the item is returned damaged, you will be charged a damage fee.
Fines and fees are payable at any Oakland Public Library location by cash or check.
If you pay for a lost item and then find and return it within one year of payment, a refund may be issued. You must request your refund in person at any Oakland Public Library location. You will receive your refund in 30 to 60 days.
- Adult Print Materials & Music CDs: 25¢ per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Adult Magazines: 25¢ per day, $1.50 limit per item
- DVDs & Books on CD: $1.00 per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Tools: $1 to $20 per day, based on tool’s value
- Teen & Children’s Print Materials and Music CDs: No fines
- Teen & Children’s DVDs & Video Games: $1 per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Lost Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Cost of replacement
- Damaged Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Varies with each item
- Missing or Damaged Barcode: 50¢
- Library Card Replacement: $2.00
- Interlibrary Loan Request: $2.00 request fee
- Computer Printing: 15¢ per page
- Birth & Death Certificate Copies, Obituary request: $4.00 per name requested
- Collection Fee: $10.00 charge for collection services when at least one item is at least 60 days overdue and there are total fines of $50.00 or more