Please return library materials on time. You will be charged the current replacement cost for each item not returned. If the item is returned damaged, you will be charged a damage fee.
Fines and fees are payable at any Oakland Public Library location by cash or check. You can also pay your fines online.
- Adult Print Materials & Music CDs: 25¢ per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Adult Magazines: 25¢ per day, $1.50 limit per item
- DVDs & Books on CD: $1.00 per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Tools: $1 to $20 per day, based on tool’s value
- Teen & Children’s Print Materials and Music CDs: No fines
- Teen & Children’s DVDs & Video Games: $1 per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Lost Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Cost of replacement
- Damaged Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Varies with each item
- Missing or Damaged Barcode: 50¢
- Library Card Replacement: $2.00
- Interlibrary Loan Request: $2.00 request fee
- Computer Printing: 15¢ per page
- Birth & Death Certificate Copies, Obituary request: $4.00 per name requested
- Collection Fee: $10.00 charge for collection services when at least one item is at least 60 days overdue and there are total fines of $50.00 or more