OPL’s Kids summer programming kicks off on Saturday, May 29 at 10:30 with a Family Dance Party aka “Baby Rave” hosted by Bay Area Children's Theater. This Saturday is also the first day to register on Beanstack for summer reading - paper logs are available at your local library and can be downloaded from the Kids’ Summer Reading page.
This summer we invite you to:
READ every day. Themed booklists are available in Beanstack or ask your librarian for recommendations.
WATCH virtual programs Saturdays at 10:30 am which will include music, storytime, and bats!
DO something with your hands. Join us for hands-on learning Thursdays at 4 pm and Family Yoga with Misty Tuesdays at 10:30 am.
RSVP for online programs here: http://tinyurl.com/rsvpOPL
Each week will focus on a new theme and you’ll have three opportunities to earn raffle prizes.
- Week 1 (May 29 - June 4): Kickoff to Summer
- Week 2 (June 5 - June 11): Let’s Play
- Week 3 (June 12 - June 18): Art & Expression
- Week 4 (June 19 - June 25): Social Justice
- Week 5 (June 26 - July 2): Family Pride
- Week 6 (July 3 - July 9): Wellness Week
- Week 7 (July 10 - July 16): Reach Out
- Week 8 (July 17 - July 23): Do-It-Yourself
- Week 9 (July 24 - July 31): Nature Close at Hand
Instructions for Beanstack registration are available below.
Beanstack also has a mobile app you can download “ Beanstack Tracker” for Apple or Android
Prize books will be available beginning, Saturday, June 26th for participants who have completed 9 activities. Each star or badge you earn equals a chance to win a raffle prize. Raffle Prize winners will be announced after August 12th.
This year’s Grand Prizes include:
Brach Raffle Prizes include: