While our branches and many public services are closed, there are still local agencies, organizations, and businesses that want to help during uncertain times. This guide will be updated continuously.
Know of a local business, group, or organization providing goods or services to the community? Please list them in the comments below!
For a more comprehense Bay Area -wide list, visit PLAN's Bay Area Resource List
From Your Library
- Your Library During COVID-19 Closures
We've put together quick access to frequently asked questions, digital services, information about COVID-19, and local resources.
- Learning From Home During School Closures
Learn something new every day! Check out this list of online resources to help newly-minted homeschoolers compiled by OPL Children's Librarians.
- FAQ for Teens
Designed to answer questions that teens in Oakland may have about COVID-19 and how to prevent its spread. If you have a question that we do not answer here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Teen Services staff person will answer you! (PDF, Interactive version)
- Resources for Those Who Can't Work From Home
Resources for people who cannot shelter in place for work, recently lost their work because of Covid-19, or are otherwise figuring out how to survive this time.
City & County Resources
AC Transit is implementing rear-door boarding on buses with multiple doors. Ride for free until further notice.
- First 5 Alameda COVID-19 Resources
List of local, state, and federal resources for parents, caregivers, and young children.
- COVID-19 Information & Resources (Oakland)
- Guidance & Resources (Oakland)
- COVID-19 Business & Worker Resources (Oakland)
- Business Assistance Center (Oakland)
- 211 Alameda County
211 Alameda County COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Alameda County Office of Education COVID-19 Information & Resources
- OAK 311
- OUSD FAQs
- OUSD COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Alameda County Public Health Department - Community Resources
- Mental Health Resources (Alameda County)
- 24-Hour Crisis Line
- Street Level Health Project
- Narika.org - Domestic Violence Support
- Tech Exchange
- Access to Internet & Devices
- Xfinity Free WiFi Hotspots