Online Student Encyclopedias and Resources
- Tutor.com offers free online tutoring, homework help, and test preparation for students in Kindergarten through college. Live one-on-one help is available everyday from 12pm (noon) until 12am (midnight). Live Spanish-speaking support is also available for math, science, and social studies subjects.
World Book Online offers four options
- World Book Online for Kids provides rich multimedia content, educational games, thousands of articles, and a collection of biographies.
- World Book Online for Students features daily current events, interactive maps, and dedicated resource guides for curriculum connections. Citation Builder included.
- Timelines presents pre-generated timelines that include historical notes and a wealth of images and videos. Users can also create and share their own timelines.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos contains videos, compare-and-contrast features, selected articles, and a visual dictionary geared toward Spanish-speaking ESL students and Spanish-learners.
- Britannica Escolar provides age-appropriate Spanish language encyclopedias for elementary and middle school students.
- Britannica School provides age-appropriate English language encyclopedias for elementary, middle, and high school students.
For Grades K and up
- Biography In Context: Articles and pictures from encyclopedias and magazines on more than 185,000 people from throughout history. Search for people by birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation and gender.
- Kids InfoBits: Best for elementary school students. Search for articles from magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more.
For Grades 4 and up
- California Fact Cards Online: Information for students in grades 4 through 8, including California missions and ranchos, states and presidents of the United States, countries, early civilizations, and Native American tribes.
- Student Resources in Context: Best for middle school and up. Search magazine articles, photographs and illustrations, and audio and video clips for primary documents, biographies, essays, background information, and critical analyses.