These are internet sites offering information and services for buying a new or used car.
Free car buying services
Car brokers and store programs
These services may have a charge or membership fee.
Vehicle Price Guides
Other helpful auto sites
- Consumer Reports Online: web version of the non-profit consumer magazine offering useful information for car buyers.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: federal government agency providing safety ratings for cars and light trucks.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: non-profit group funded by the insurance industry offering safety ratings for cars.
- AutoPacific Inc.: industry consultants featuring "vehicle satisfaction scores" based on surveys of new vehicle owners.
- Intellichoice Inc.: site offering invoice prices, recall information, and actual ownership costs of vehicles.