Mobile Checkout with cloudLibrary
Oakland Public Library is now offering mobile checkout with the cloudLibrary app. In addition, virtual library cards are available to all library patrons.
The virtual card can be used for any library transaction that traditionally required a physical card.
To use cloudLibrary, patrons can follow three steps:
- Download the app
- Via the Apple Store or Google Play
- Log into our library
- Selecting the state and Oakland Public Library.
- Enter ID and PIN number
- Access your account
- Manage borrowed items, reading history and more!
While inside your favorite OPL branch, patrons are able to use the app to skip the checkout line and self-checkout machine. Simply:
- Scan items
- Select an item from the shelf and scan the barcode using cloudLibrary. Repeat for all items you with to borrow.
- Checkout in app
- Finish the checkout process within the app, making sure all items have been scanned and checked out.
- Skip the self-check
- Bypass the self-service area and exit the library branch. You are free to enjoy your next read!