The West Oakland Home for Foundlings and Needy Children was founded by Rebecca McWade in the 1880s. She and a circle of women, initially known as the Little Workers of East and West Oakland, established the home on Campbell Street in West Oakland. Unlike similar facilities of the time, the home was nonsectarian and open to all races. In 1930 the home moved to a new location on Lincoln Boulevard and was renamed the Lincoln Child Center.
Go here for a more detailed list of this collection's contents.
Available at Oakland History Center, Main Library.