You will meet a person who works at the library. Someone who works at the library will always wear a nametag. You can call them by their name!
At The Library
Visiting Your Library
- You will use a library voice - no loud noises, please!
- If you already have a library card, bring it!
- If you have any books to return, bring them with you. Library staff can show you where to put them.
- Ask the librarian where to find the books you want.
- Remember to check your items out before you take them home! You will need to bring your books back in three weeks.
- Always listen to your teacher’s instructions!
Ask a library staff member for help!
- Borrowing books, movies, and toys is free! Although we have no late fines, items must be brought back.
- You can also download movies and music online through the library’s website!
- You need to have a library card to borrow things or use the computer.
- You do not need to have a library card to come to the library and play, hang out, or see a show. Anyone can come to the library whenever they want.
The library is for everyone.
Librarians can also do school visits!
They can read a story to your class, or talk about special things that are happening at the library.
Your class can have a virtual visit from a librarian.
It’s fun to see someone new online! The librarian might read your class a story or sing a song.
Teen librarians are excited to meet your class. We can demonstrate online resources, talk about books, tell what the library is doing right now, or talk about information-related topics like "fake news." You can also invite us to events or staff meetings to talk about how we are supporting schools, teachers, and students.