The Oakland Public Library loves joining the community for various events around The Town. We enjoy pedaling out our Bike Library, setting up a special Library table to sign people up for cards, and spinning the prize wheel for participants at all kinds of gatherings.
Interested in Inviting OPL?
We receive requests every month and we cannot make every event we're invited to (although we do try). In addition to staff availability, we consider:
- A school, event, or community Group must be in or working in Oakland, Emeryville and Piedmont.
- The community events or festivals have free or low-price admission.
- At least three weeks' notice of your event is required.
- We can book up to six months in advance.
- We will do our best to accommodate as many groups or events as we can. However, not all requests will be able to be fulfilled.
The Oakland Public Library has three Bike Libraries. If you find a Bike Library, you can get a library card, check out a book, or find out what events are coming up.
The first OPL Bike Library was designed by local builder Kick Trailer in 2013. It has two sides of cascading shelves to display books face-out while in motion. There is a custom shelf for a Bluetooth speaker. The pyramid structure opens up for storage.
The Friends of the Oakland Public Library, opens a new window funded the second and third Bike Libraries. They are smaller and can pass through doorways.
Outreach Request Form
"*" indicates required fields