If you're trying to stay away from screens for a while, check out these ideas and then turn off the device to have some physical fun.
Sheltering in place (while perhaps working from home with kids out of school/daycare) can lead to a lot of screen time. Don't feel guilty about that; these are difficult times and parents need to do what they need to do. When you're ready to cut down on the screens for a bit, visit the links below for recommended activities.
- Get the wiggles out , opens a new window
- Exercise, opens a new window , opens a new window
- Play, opens a new window
- Everyday household activities , opens a new window
- Make connections , opens a new window
- Get creative, opens a new window
- Rest, opens a new window
What you decide to do will depend on the age of your child(ren), the supplies you have on hand, and how much time you can spend supervising. But don't stop here -- go with whatever you're inspired to do! If you discover an especially fun game, share it with us in the comments.