How to get remote access to FDO Essential, plus other resources for local nonprofits during the pandemic.
Trying to search for grants from home? You can now access Candid's, opens a new window Foundation Directory Online through the Oakland Public Library:
FDO Essential public access, opens a new window
For anyone who is new to FDO Essential, see this video guide to get started.
If you need more in-depth assistance, our librarians can also help you with funding searches of FDO (for organizations) or Grants To Individuals (GTI). Please fill out this form so we can better understand your needs. For other FDO questions, check out the FDO site or email email@example.com.
Here are a few more resources for nonprofits during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19 from the National Council of Nonprofits
- 5 rapid-fire ideas to fundraise during a global crisis
- eBooks for nonprofits compiled by Candid
- Philanthropy’s response to COVID-19, including funding opportunities and a summary of activity
- California-specific resources from CalNonprofit