Library branches will be closed on Monday, January 20 for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The African American Museum & Library at Oakland (AAMLO) will remain open regular business hours (10 AM - 5:30 PM) on January 20 for its annual film festival.
Library Advisory Commission
The Library Advisory Commission reports and makes recommendations to the Oakland City Council on Oakland Public Library policies; provides citizen oversight of Measure Q tax funds; and advocates on behalf of OPL programs and services.
The Commission consists of 15 seats, appointed by the Mayor and Council.
The public is welcome to attend the Commission’s meeting which are held on the last Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Brad Walters Community Room at the Main Library, 125 14th St.
Call the Director's office, 238-3281, to confirm meetings in case of cancellation or change-of-venue. Please note that meetings are rescheduled when observing a holiday.
Library Advisory Commission Members (3 year term):
- Viola Gonzales, Co-Chairperson, 10/5/17 - 10/4/20
- Nathaniel W. Dumas, Co-Chairperson, 09/14/17 - 09/13/20
- Dr. A. Aurea Lewis, Vice-Chairperson, 01/16/17 - 01/15/20
- Lesley Mandros Bell, 06/24/16 - 06/23/19
- Tyron Jordan, 11/14/16 - 11/13/19
- Cathy Smith, 06/19/18 - 01/18/2021
- Mary Forte, 08/19/18 - 08/18/21
- Ada Chan, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Alternier Cook, 11/14/18 - 11/13/21
- Dr. Amy Johnson, 11/17/18 - 11/16/21
- Jessica Jung, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Joseph Karwat, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Carolyn Moskovitz, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Caleb Smith, 11/14/17 - 11/13/20
Library Advisory Commission meetings
Library Advisory Commission 4/26/04Monday, April 26, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 3/29/04Monday, March 29, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 2/23/04Monday, February 23, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 1/26/04Monday, January 26, 2004 - 1:15pm