The Library Advisory Commission reports and makes recommendations to the Oakland City Council on Oakland Public Library policies; provides citizen oversight of Measure Q tax funds; and advocates on behalf of OPL programs and services.
The Commission consists of 15 seats, appointed by the Mayor and Council.
The public is welcome to attend the Commission’s meeting which are held on the last Monday of the month at 5:15 p.m. in the Brad Walters Community Room at the Main Library, 125 14th St.
Call the Director's office, 238-3281, to confirm meetings in case of cancellation or change-of-venue. Please note that meetings are rescheduled when observing a holiday.
Library Advisory Commission Members (3 year term):
- Victoria A. Barbero, Chairperson, 11/13/15 - 11/12/18
- Andrew Racle, Vice-Chairperson, 11/13/15 - 11/12/18
- Rebekah Randle, Vice-Chairperson, 10/5/17 - 10/4/20
- Reginald Constant, 10/16/17 - 10/15/20
- Nathaniel W. Dumas, 09/14/17 - 09/13/20
- Kerrick Goodman-Lucker, 11/13/15 - 11/12/18
- Tyron Jordan, 11/14/16 - 11/13/19
- Dr. A. Aurea Lewis, 01/16/17 - 01/15/20
- Laura Liang, 11/14/16 - 11/13/19
- Lesley Mandros Bell, 06/24/16 - 06/23/19
- Sarah McClung, 11/14/17 - 11/13/20
- Rosa Montgomery, 11/14/15 - 11/13/18
- Susanne M. Perkins, 08/19/15 - 08/18/18
- Charles Sanchez, 11/14/15 - 11/13/18